RE: Problems building si

> > The first problem I ran into occurred pretty soon in the
> build. During the
> > bootstrap phase gcc would not build. It failed right after
> extracting the
> > source and making the patches. The problem is the values
> for two of the
> > variable for gcc in the src/si/entities/package file. The value of
> > gcc-directory is "gcc-3.1", but it needs to be "gcc-3.2".
> Similarly, the
> > value for gcc-machdep is
> "/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1" and it
> > should be "/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2". After I
> modified the
> > package file I was able to get beyond this problems.
>
> Mats uploaded new packages for 3.2 but I have been using 3.1
> still so cvs has not been updated.

Actually, it has.  The entities/package file was bumped when
I was sure I'd gotten a build right, so that it matched the
latest tarballs.  Unfortunately, I botched it because I had
connectivity problems between my build machine and the one
I'm allowed to run a special modified socks-aware cvs on from
inside the corporate get-in-the-way-of-work-wall (some people
mistakenly refer to this as a "firewall").

Since I'm home now there's less of an imperdiment, I'll
check in the change now.

Sorry 'bout that.

Don't know anything about the other one, Sean is almost
certainly right.

Mats