Re: SI packages

On Thu, 30 May 2002, George Kraft IV wrote:

> I assumed that anything labled "package" in the LSB-SI's "packages" file was to
> be included in the LSB-SI bundle.  So, then are those "extra" packages
> superfluous garbage that can be edited out of the LSB-SI "packages" file?

That is correct. That file has evolved from it's origins in the LFS and
the set of "packages" used has changed as the LSB-SI was being developed.
A cleanup of the unused packages would be a good thing to do in the near
future.

                                Stuart

anderson@metrolink.com                         anderson@freestandards.org
Metro Link, Inc.                               Free Standards Group
                                               Linux Standards Base