Re: updated lsbdev-1.0.2

Stew Benedict writes:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > I've uploaded lsbdev 1.0.2 to ftp.freestandards.org. From the
> > changelog:
> >
> > 	* Adds local libc_nonshared.a to stub library directory. Fixes
> > 	problem of apps using (f)stat(64) calls failing to link.
>
> libc_nonshared.a is 0 bytes?

It gets bind mounted in during setup from the local libc_nonshared.a.
>From what I can see (and I'm not very familiar with glibc
implementation details) it appears not to contain any actual
executable code, but instead statically maps calls like fstat to
internal symbol names at link time. Thus the binaries do not contain
any dynamic references to external stat like calls, just to the
internal glibc ones (which are listed in the LSB ABI and thus in the
stub libraries).

Regards,

Chris.
--