RE: LSB development, compiling, fun

> Hi guys, I will ask this question because I am not sure what
> to do as of
> yet on this. I am working on compiling a few GNU utils. For
> example bison,
> it seems they have redefined bindtextdomain for there own terms.
>
> lsbcc -c -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DLOCALE_ALIAS_PATH
> =\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib\" -DIN_LIBINT
> L -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I. -I../intl  -g -O2  intl-compat.c
> In file included from intl-compat.c:24:
> libgnuintl.h:106: conflicting types for `bindtextdomain'
> /usr/lsb/include/locale.h:60: previous declaration of `bindtextdomai
> n'
>
> Any easy way to get around this?

Is it ever easy?

In my limited experience with the gettext family, GNU
utilities come packaged with their own version which
is to be used only if the routines are not found in
the host system.

Thus, in the cases where I ran into this, there's
a dance in the configure script that tries to figure
out whether the local copies are needed or not.

I'd have a dig into the config.log and see if you can
find it (search for gettext), and whether it thinks
it worked or not.

You might also try rerunning the configure if you
didn't do it as:

CC=lsbcc ./configure