Re: Password aging in passwd, differing chfn implementations

Christopher Yeoh writes...

> At 2002/2/25 20:58-0500  Matt Wilson writes:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 12:46:03PM +1100, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> > >
> > > Thats correct. At the 2001 NY LSB Workgroup meeting it was agreed that
> > > where there was a conflict between a command implemented by util-linux
> > > and shadow-utils the shadow-utils version would be used.
> >
> > I must have been in the packaging group meeting at the time.  Was
> > there any rationale given for this decision?
>
> We did spend some time discussing it and the decision has been
> mentioned on this and/or lsb-spec list a few times since then, but to
> be honest I don't remember the details. Maybe someone else who was
> there can remember better than me.

If the rationale for this is found, it could be recorded in the soon to be
created rationale document, not just the mailing list.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation