Re: LSB wrapper library

Matt Wilson <msw@redhat.com> writes:

> Right, but ld-lsb.so.1 can be fixed.
>
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 04:07:29PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> >
> > Ok, let's do some hacks to show what will happen:
> >
> > $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib LD_PRELOAD=libreadline.so:libncurses.so LD_DEBUG=libs /lib/lsb/ld-lsb.so.1 /bin/cat
> >
> > 13868:
> > 13868:  find library=ld-linux.so.2; searching
>
> insert special case in ld-lsb.so.1 here - simply continue and don't
> load ld-linux.so.2.
>
> It make be a bit ugly, but it should work...

It will definitly be ugly - and I don't expect that it will work
always reliable.  We do have less problems IMO if we make a clear
fork.  I expect problems when the versions of the main libc and the
LSB libc are too much different, especially if you use some obscure
tricks (but I'm not really sure here).

Are there any other problems you see?

Andreas
--