Re: Versions of chfn

Johannes Poehlmann writes:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:11:08PM -0600, gk4@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > Perhaps we should just specify the command arguments that correctly change
> > the GECOS field, but not explicity say anything about the file format
> > itself; therefore, "-o" would not be valid.
>
> We should make a comment that the "-o" switch is non-standard and
> should be awaited to do the wrong thing.
>
> If we want to take sides, (I do not) we agreed to stick to
> the shadow suite in the SF meeting.

The -o flag is implemented and documented in the upstream shadow
suite. However, I agree that unless someone comes up with some good
examples of where it is used by installation/setup/maintenance scripts
we should just not include it in the specification.

Chris.
--
cyeoh@linuxcare.com.au
Support Open Source Ice-Cream