Re: oh. the sizeof() problem is worse than I thougt

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Matt Wilson wrote:

> The database hard codes the size of all the types - so we're stuck
> with all this data that only applies to ia32.  Will we be setting up
> parallel tables for each architecture?

You've now crossed the line from in control to bleeding edge. 8-).
I've been focusing on Interfaces & Commands mostly.

Yes, the Type stuff should be architecture sensitive. It is designed to be,
but since not everything in that areas has been 100% finished, it's possible
some changes are still needed. Also, the data that has been loaded is IA32
in origin. I need to get comparable data from other architectures, and sift
through the differences.

Your comments are good, and I'll have them in mind as I continue working
in this area.

Gee, early feedback. What a pleasant suprise 8-)

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001