Re: lsb-apache rpms

>>"Dan" == Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> writes:

 Dan> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >>
 >> >>"Thorsten" == Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> writes:

 Thorsten> On Tue, Dec 18, Anthony Towns wrote:
> [...]
 Thorsten> Don't be kidding. And read again what I wrote.  Don't make
 Thorsten> the things more complicated than necessary.
 >> Pardon me, how exactly is what he said kidding? Is that not
 >> what you said? (That the user should be able to install them with the
 >> default tools of the distribution -- and guess what, the default
 >> tools of my distribution are indeed dpkg).

 Dan> Although dpkg could be enhanced to handle lsb packages, why not just do
 Dan>    apt-get install rpm
 Dan> ?  That's what I do at work to install the .rpm's that Hard Hat Linux
 Dan> consists of (since their install script uses rpm, I can't use alien).

	Absolutely. But that entails using tools that are not the
 ``default tools of the distribution''.  If we are already resigned to
 tools that are not the ``default tools of the distribution'', why not
 remove sources of confusion and call the lsb packages .lsb?

	manoj
--
 There is no delight the equal of dread.  As long as it is somebody
 else's. --Clive Barker