Re: {lsb-discuss} Re: lsb-apache rpms

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 12:02:46PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> mv lsb-apache-1.3.22-1.i386.rpm lsb-apache_1.3.22-1_i386.lsb # ?
>
> (The .lsb distinguishes LSB packages from Red Hat/SuSE/Mandrake/* .rpm
> packages, using _'s instead of -'s and .'s lets you get the version and
> architecture from the filename automatically as well as visually. The _
> naming matches the way .debs are named by default)

You don't have to convince me. I like the Debian way. ;)

I think the current spec specifies .rpm though, although I know .lsb has
been discussed. I assume for lsb 1.0 this can't change...?

Also, the convention of dashes I'm using seems to be the way most people
do it, although this isn't specified in spec. I prefer it Anthony/Debian's
way. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.