Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 01:07:09AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > >     The goal is to develop and promote a set of standards
> > >     that will increase compatibility among Linux distributions
> > >     and enable software applications to run on any compliant
> > >     Linux system.
> >
> > That's a nice description of the LSB.

> Yes it is.

> Mind if I use that somewhere, Me?

> -drew

If this is all jokes piled on my original (the above is lifted
from the LSB mission statement), then, well, ya got me.

If instead I'm just getting myself into trouble, well, sorry!

My intent was to help Mariusz understand that the LSB
*is* already doing what he seeks, with the hope that he
would then help me work out why he got confused in the
first place. But it seems that either my approach was too
cryptic, or y'all are as fond of deadpan and cryptic as me.