Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:37:49AM -0500, Me wrote:
> If this is all jokes piled on my original (the above is lifted
> from the LSB mission statement), then, well, ya got me.
>
> If instead I'm just getting myself into trouble, well, sorry!

Heh. This was my liking the statement and not realizing it was the
same one as in the LSB. I've been staring at the 397 page document for
too long.

"Forest for trees" and all that. ;)  Anyway I'm writing additional
descriptive material now...

> My intent was to help Mariusz understand that the LSB
> *is* already doing what he seeks, with the hope that he
> would then help me work out why he got confused in the
> first place. But it seems that either my approach was too
> cryptic, or y'all are as fond of deadpan and cryptic as me.

I agree. I wish every little detail could satisfy everybody, but for
now we have what I believe to be a _huge_ step forward.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/
FSG <dtype@freestandards.org>    | Linux International <dtype@li.org>