Re: lsbdev and FHS (was: "Specification v 0.8")

Answer to Flavio Veloso, Wed, May 02, 2001 at 04:11:43PM -0300.

Quote from LSB Chapter 4.1: "Large Software packages must not use
a direct subdirectory under /usr". This is soft wording as you can
always begin to discuss what is "Large".

On the other hand, your posting made me double check with the sample
implementation and I found out, that the minimal-runtime part of the
sample implementation uses
   /usr/lib/lsb/ and
   /lib/lsb/

_Bummer_

So we have to decide between two locations and I would say both
are ok from a technical point of view (Experts cry now, please!).

So we should perhaps use the more LSB aware locations  /usr/lib/lsb/
and/or /lib/lsb/.

The minimal runtime part of the sample
implementation does this.