Re: LSB wrapper library

On 3 Apr 2001, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> > BTW, Andreas, I think that working through a couple of scenarios to prove
> > that this system will work and documenting the result, and needed changes
> > is the actual intent of the cryptically worded sourceforge bug.
>
> What kind of scenarios can you think of?

Sort of what you did, just implement it to find any potential problems. I guess
we could try symlinking over all of the libraries except for the modified
ld-lsb.so.1, and seeing if that will work (ie this is the smallest amount
of work needed), and then try actually replacing the libraries one at a time,
there are lots of potential combinations of this to see if any other problems
show up.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001