Re: LSB wrapper library

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 10:28:01AM -0400, Stuart Anderson wrote:

> It seem like the lsb loader should not look in /lib or /usr/lib. It is
> only allowed to find the LSB libraries, which will be found in /lib/lsb (either
> a copy of the lib, or an appropriate link), or application supplied libraries
> found under /opt/....

I thought there was a thread a bit earlier on this, and I know I
brought it up in NYC - I still think that only the *linking* libraries
(stubs) need to go in /lib/lsb, and distributions should be
responsible for setting up the runtime environment for LSB
applications through ld-lsb.so.1.  I still fear vendors linking with
-rpath /lib/lsb/, which would be terrible, IMHO.

Cheers,

Matt