Re: Packaging and installation

In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0010241040010.8514-100000@violet.jayhawks.net>
, Jeffrey Watts <watts@jayhawks.net> writes
>On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Jeff Tranter wrote:
>
>> What do the Debian folks think of this? My fear is that Debian will
>> opt out of being LSB compliant if it means they have to switch to RPM,
>> leaving those of us based on Debian in a situation where we can't be
>> LSB compliant, and weakening the importance of the LSB standard.
>
>If you're somewhat new to the lsb-discuss list, please check the archives
>before discussing this.  This is an old discussion.  Very old.

I don't mean to be rude, but remember the fuss I created with Chapter
13? As it appears to me, I pretty much searched the entire archive
(based on what people pointed out to me) and found bugger all.

So maybe it is an old discussion, but there's sweet FA evidence in the
archives of the mailing list!
as Lies-to-People.