Re: Packaging and installation

What do the Debian folks think of this? My fear is that
Debian will opt out of being LSB compliant if it means
they have to switch to RPM, leaving those of us based
on Debian in a situation where we can't be LSB compliant,
and weakening the importance of the LSB standard.

How technically hard would it be for Debian to use
the RPM package format without throwing out the rest
of their packaging architecture?