Re: RFC

Just to put in two cents from a lurker here, I recall a discussion way
back of "levels" -
LSB base 1 - minimum, non-graphical, bare-bones
LSB base 2 - above + some additional, X libs
LSB base 3 - above + X itself
... and so on.

Personally, I consider putting basic stuff in /usr, stuff I'm sharing
across the net (exporting common directory) in /usr/share, and stuff
on the local machine in /usr/local.  No idea how this meets the FHS,
but it works for me.

jeff smith