Re: Universal Package Management System?

In message <[🔎] 20001116230923.B1117@home>, Sarel J. Botha
<sjbotha@email.com> writes
>Hi all
>
>Has anyone thought about the feasability of a universal package management
>system? It would define a new, perfect specification for a package archive,
>but should also be able to install existing packages like .deb and .rpm.
>
>Before I continue, is this even the place for me to talk about this? Has
>anyone maybe started work on something like this?

Yes it has been discussed. Read the *recent* archives. There are now ?3?
taskforces discussing package management - look them up. But I think
your idea of a universal package management system won't go down very
well...
as Lies-to-People.