FHS & /cdrom

there are complains that the FHS is not specific about /cdrom and friends.
may this here can help (from 3. The root directory ;page 7):

" ... introducing a new subdirectory of the root filesystem is prohibited"

That means for me: /cdrom, /floppy, /zip are in the wrong place. If you need
it temporaly you can use /mnt. using /mnt/xyz sounds a bad idea because if
something mounts on /mnt they will vanish. Perhaps /var/mnt will do here.

I admit that support for multiple mounts is not in the FHS. I still remember
times when SUSE mounted there cdroms to /var/adm/mount. (hopefully SUSE will
no prove me wrong).

	walter

--
-----
"First law of space-time travel: avoid voids."