Re: CAPS file format (was Re: Gopher over TLS)

> > You're right, it's not specified. However, the Floodgap Gopher Proxy (which
> > is a CAPS-aware client and uses it for the breadcrumb menu) would interpret
> > those as specified keys each with a value of "", which is probably not what
> > you want. If you want them to be the default, then don't specify the key at
> > all. Again, open to discussing this behaviour.
>
>   What I'm looking for is clarification---what do you mean by "unspecified"?
>
> 	If it is not specified, the selector is treated as if it were opaque.
>
>   I don't have path delimiters.  If I comment out PathDelimiter (or
> PathDelimeter), do the other Path fields have meaning?  I don't have a
> PathIdentity, a PathParent nor a PathEscapeCharacter.  For all intended
> purposes, I have opaque selectors that aren't necessarily a filesystem path.
> I *do* want (if I understand it correctly) PathKeepPreDelimiter to be TRUE.

We reviewed this offlist. Specifying a blank value for the path delimiter
is an appropriate way to explicitly indicate selectors should not be further
analysed (as opposed to not specifying the key/value pair, which implicitly
does so), to the extent anything about CAPS is official. :)

-- It is necessary to have purpose. -- Alice #1, Star Trek "I, Mudd" ----------