Re: CAPS file format (was Re: Gopher over TLS)

> > Since I'm largely responsible for CAPS files, there really isn't a spec
> > anywhere, though I do document keys in the default CAPS file for Bucktooth.
>
>   Okay, I have a question about the CAPS file then.  Would this be a valid
> CAPS file?
>
> CAPS
> CapsVersion=1
> ExpireCapsAfter=86400
> PathDelimiter=
> PathDelimeter=
> PathIdentity=
> PathParent=
> PathParentDouble=FALSE
> PathEscapeCharacter=
> PathKeepPreDelimeter=TRUE
> PathKeepPreDeiimiter=TRUE
>
>   It's not specified whether the the various Path* fields can be empty.

You're right, it's not specified. However, the Floodgap Gopher Proxy (which
is a CAPS-aware client and uses it for the breadcrumb menu) would interpret
those as specified keys each with a value of "", which is probably not what
you want. If you want them to be the default, then don't specify the key at
all. Again, open to discussing this behaviour.

-- Not everything you read on the Internet is true. -- Abraham Lincoln --------