Re: Linux command line Gopher+ client

Hello Matt,

I recognized that I should have provided some more documentation about
_gc_.  I'm preparing this but this will take some days I guess.  So
here is some basic explanation of the HTTP mode.  The normal operation
mode for _gc_ is Gopher(+), that is _gc_ accepts only things like

+INFO: 0gc - Command Line Gopher Client	/client/gc-index.md	0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1	2070	+
+ADMIN:
 Relation: home
 Mod-Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 18:04:01 +0200 <20210812180401>
 Admin: gophermeister@example.org
+VIEWS:
 text/html: <2k>
 text/plain: <2k>

Directory selectors must be fully specified because that's what
the Gopher and Gopher+ document say.

If (a) the user opens an HTTP (or https or gemini) URL or (b) _gc_ finds
that in the item's path field then _gc_ goes into the http mode.  Here
things like

+INFO: 0gc - Command Line Gopher Client	gc-index.md			+
+ADMIN:
 Mod-Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 09:08:58 +0200 <20210811090858>
 Admin: gophermeister@example.org
+VIEWS:
 text/html: <6k>
 text/plain: <2k>

are totally acceptable.  Server and port field are empty for
convenience - that way I can deploy the **static** $-listing on any
server in any directory.  But the http:// scheme supports that with the
specification of relative paths. It's basically like that: "If parts
are missing from the URL use information from the parent."  Here it
means the Gopher directory sets the defaults.

Does that meet your suggestion?

Regards,
Wolfgang