Re: Wikipedia article cleanup

On 19/07/2021 06:15, Zachary Lee Andrews wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jul 2021, netpassport89@gmail.com wrote:

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 01:56:20AM -0400, Zachary Lee Andrews wrote:
Hello gopher project!

If anyone here also participates in Wikipedia, I would appreciate help in
tidying up the Gopher_(protocol) page there, it has some issues.
In particular the web clients section needs to be reconciled with
Template:Gopher_clients.
Also folks keep adding self promotions to their gemini and/or gopher-only clients to the web client section; maybe a table of native gopher clients
could be added to the article to cut down on this.

Relevant URLs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_(protocol)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Gopher_(protocol)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Gopher_clients

Best regards
--
 Zachary Lee Andrews
<zcrayfish@gmail.com>

p.s.
Does K-meleon actually support gopher? I think it's broken.

Why bother writing something that will be removed, edited, and twisted on a whim to fit various random persons' agendas?

The fact that you need help just to publish good information on there speaks volumes about Wikipedia.

TL;DR: You don't want to contribute anything of value to wikipedia, or this mailing list. Got it. Well played sir.

That is not what he said. He said, in my own words, it is a waste of time and energy to add things too Wikipedia that are subject to editing from propagandists for their own political agendas instead of adding value too Wikipedia. Nothing was mentioned about the mailing list.