Re: Wikipedia article cleanup

pub   RSA 4096/9C8D55BA 2020-03-14 Jake D. Parsons <jakedp@posteo.net>
> sub   RSA 4096/6C2EF1B9 2020-03-14

I appreciate the support, Jake. :)

Zachary was simply lashing out at me when he called my questioning of why anyone would contribute to Wikipedia a waste. I can't say I blame him. He's going through the absolutely unfair nonsense that is Wikipedia bureaucracy, rules, and "trusted" sources. This situation is currently a ....show that spans IRC, Wikipedia, and now this mailing list (according to the talk page).

His initial message was a call to arms in an edit war on there that's currently a stalemate containing a dubious nonstandard selector (as far as I can tell). I don't doubt he's on the right side of reality, but reality hardly matters to Wikipedia. It's all about whom the mods favor.

I would encourage people to confine this situation to the Gopher talk page on Wikipedia (it's hard for it to get much worse) as it is more relevant/useful to the edit war there, but I'm only one vote.