Re: pygopherd in Debian

Hello,

It looks like active efforts along these lines are happening and being coordinated here:

https://github.com/jgoerzen/pygopherd/issues/8

-- John

On Tue, Nov 17 2020, John Goerzen wrote:

Hi Glenn,

I have basically given up on doing a Python 3 port myself. The PyGopherd test suite uncovered a number of issues in the Python 3 standard library regarding non-UTF8 characters in filenames, particularly in ZIP files, and I don't have the time to workaround them due to various things going on in life this year.

I would welcome someone else to try, though.

You should be able to install Python 2 from outside Debian and have it continue
to work fine, however.

Thanks,

John