pygopherd, Ubuntu 20.04

I notice the latest distro of Ubuntu, 20.04, has very little in the repository related to gopher.  apt search reveals: curl, squid, kio-gopher (and it doesn't work anyway), and the UMN gopher. Not much else.

Missing are pygopherd, forg, and maybe some other friends I haven't missed yet.  I thought it might be a python 2.7 problem, but python2.7 is in the repos.

Maybe I should've stayed with Debian.

I had to blow away my server and reinstall a version of Ubuntu that is supported, but in doing so I've lost some important software.  Off to github to compile a binary! :(