Re: good gopher article by Cory Doctorow

On 2/24/20 7:06 PM, John Goerzen wrote:

UMN gopher is still maintained (somewhat).  From its manpage:

        -p path
               specify a specific selector string to  send  to  the  gopher  server  on
               startup.

        -T type
               let the client know what type of object the -p option is pointing at.

It defaults to interpreting a selector as a menu.

Awesome. Thanks, John!

The UMN source I found (again, a very low-effort search on my part) had been updated to take URLs and other modern conveniences.

That's exactly what I had imagined. :-)

-Dave