Re: Getting hit hard

Cameron Kaiser wrote:
I've had similar issues with web bots and the filter list on the Floodgap
proxy is about a mile long (people seem to think running Wget on it is
the best way to archive a particular gopher site). I know there's still some
disagreement about whether web spiders should be allowed to index through
gopher proxies or not (I fall firmly on the no side), but I think all proxy
operators agree we don't want to be DDoS vectors.

Is there a good strategy how to deal with traffic from the tor network?
My page and the gopher proxy is reachable via an .onion address. Ideally I would like to keep it that way.

I don't mind spiders or people scraping with wget, as long they do it
with a distinguishable user agent, so I have a chance to gently tell them "no".

Some words about this adventure...
gopher://codevoid.de/0/journal/2019-11-22-tor-bots.txt

Bye,
Stefan