Re: New gopherhole

> > I would also like to install a service that parses a web page and renders it in text-only (the opposite of the floodgap proxy, in short). However, I am concerned that the service may be abused, what do you think? Does paranoia have a place on gopher?
> >
> > If you pass by, sign the guestbook:)
> > cheers, Julien
I've (barely) been trying to do that with a script that takes in a Web URL and extracts the text to display, but it didn't really work.

I know Gopherddit (excellent gopher hole; thanks, gluon) and probably others use RSS feeds to convert into Gopher pages.

So far to save bandwidth I've just been using text-only browsers online instead of using a web-to-gopher proxy.

--
netpassport89@sdf.org