Re: Good html to text rendering

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 08:41:47PM +0100, Nuno Silva wrote:
> On 2018-08-12 18:44 +0000, Mike Gran wrote:
> > I was looking for a good html to text renderer to put in, but, the ones I've tried
> > (like html2text in Python) are kind of boring and do a bad job with tables.
> >
> > Right now, the best one I've found is piping the text through lynx.
> >
> > What is the greatest html to text rendering chain?
>
> Do you have some example whose link you can share? Something with tables
> and other items you want to come out right.

I don't really have anything to show yet.  I had made a couple of
simple test entries with the HTML I wanted to support, and then tried
Python's text2html on them, which made valid Markdown but wasn't the
best visually.

I probably will just go with piping html through lynx for now. My only
argument against that, which was pretty weak, wass that I didn't want
the hassle of putting the lynx executable in my Docker container.