Gopher userbase increase via supporting long or recently abandonded machines

Ok ive forked this thread, the first half of it is on the tls gopher thread.

All you have to do to start the ball rolling with worldwide coverage is to port a few gopher clients to some exotic(when it comes to the internet) but produced in large numbers devices that cover a broad range of communities. When the gopher community devs these devices  and releases  a bunch of clients at once eg say 10. Slashdot/slashdot clones will pick it up and the world will know.
An example portlist
Consoles previously unuseable on the net
Bandai pippin
Sony playstation 1 https://www.psxhax.com/threads/connect-playstation-ps1-to-the-internet-with-psxnet-library.216/
Phones eol
Symbian phones 1/2
1st gen iphone
Android v2x phone

Tablets
First ipad
A Palm device

Laptop
Some x86 machine that isnt supported anymore with a current browser
An early pre os9 mac laptop
A few iot devices.
Youll find outside of america  that many asian, african pacific island nations will routinely use machines that are no longer supported often only with dialup technologies.
Theres a huge gopherclient userbase that is out there waiting for a solution to a broken browser.
We innovate and have many solutions from wiki to streaming video to all the innovations we have done sofar(you authors know who you are)
It takes a few ports to orphan machines/retro machines to get in the headlines  and a few client updates to existing clients to have a _mass_client_release to make  the news on slashdot/slashdot clones , a few youtubes showing how easy it is to use gopherpedia/www proxy to make their device useable again

By this weve just informed people that while ff/ie/chrome/safari has abandoned you, we here have a viable service and will embrace you.