Re: [gopher] Future of this mailing list

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 06:22:42PM +0300, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:

> Please don't use NNTP...  As -- again an irony -- I guess quite a few
> subscribers use webmail, Android / iOS native clients, and many other
> MUA's that don't support NNTP...
>
> Ciprian.

I access newsgroup comp.infosystems.gopher from my Android phone via ssh with a free app called VX ConnectBot. If you don't have a remote ssh server running a usenet news reader, you can subscribe to sdf.org, which is also free and will allow you to access the usenet even if it's blocked by your ISP.

comp.infosystems.gopher has been up and running for years. It already has some gopher supporters subscribed. "Moving" there just means to subscribe.

Are there technical reasons preventing some members of this list to subscribe to comp.infosystems.gopher ?
--
Héctor A. Abreu