Re: [gopher] Should we be mirroring Gopher sites via FTP?

I pretty much saw LE as exactly that as well. It took me five minutes to apt-get the python script on my raspberry pi and have a cert installed, and cron job setup. Tested fine with lynx and firefox.

Tor is very much in keeping with my disdain for the modern corporate datamining spy operation we call the web, and my dislike of using it. By the same token, it is a US Navy initiated project and there are so many fast nodes in Virginia (Langley? a decade ago Tor was painfully slow, like an idiot I used to torrent via Tor and it took forever -- ain't slow any more). It smacks of three letter agencies. I get that the private nodes existing makes it unlikely that you are entering and exiting via the government, and that it is still more secure and anonymous than plain-net. It just feels at some level like asking big brother the sit next to you while you duckduckgo search for a LaTeX command. The act is innocuous, yet no one's business.

I think typing that just made me feel silly enough to install Tor tonight on my Arch Linux laptop and play around.  Is there a good console Tor browser? Everyone says that not using the Tor bundle, and using vanilla firefox or chrome over Tor is not as secure. Would w3m or lynx be any better? I suppose the tor.org/check (hopefully I remembered that right, I am at work) would tell me one way or the other...

Got any onion links to hit on gopher you feel like sharing?

--
Leveck

17. Sep 2017 09:51 by 20h@r-36.net:

Greetings.