Re: [gopher] Should we be mirroring Gopher sites via FTP?

Hi,

On 16/09/17 05:47, Stephen Kellat wrote:
> RFC 4217 comes to mind at this point & I wonder if letsencrypt.org supports that perchance.

By putting some records into the DNS, yes it is possible to have a cert
issued for a domain name that will then work for any service, including
FTPS or even some form of Gopher/TLS if such a thing exists.

Personally I've used the certs for mail servers, FTP servers, XMPP
servers as well as many many web servers.

Thanks,
Iain.