Re: [gopher] Gophernicus 1.7 released

On 19 May 2015, at 11:50, Iain R. Learmonth <irl@fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi Kim,
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 08:24:36AM +0300, Kim Holviala wrote:
>> Unfortunately no, but it does come with easy .deb creation: just run “make
>> deb && sudo dpkg -i ../*deb”. Required deps are build-essentials,
>> fakeroot, debhelper and dpkg-dev (not sure if anything else is needed -
>> probably not).
>
> Ok. It would be nice for a project I'm working on if it could be available
> in Debian, so I will package this and look at including it in Debian.

Oh, good, I have nothing against that. Although you do need to patch it to support systemd as (x)inetd is no longer supported by Debian (or pretty much any other Linux distro). I'm pretty sure that Gophernicus supports systemd's inetd emulation so my guess is that only the systemd service config file needs to be created. Also logging might need to be changed because syslog no longer exists in modern Linux and I have no idea if systemd has syslog(). Oh, and logrotate and logcheck configs needs to be removed because there is no logrotate anymore and I'm quite certain logcheck doesn't support systemd logs. You get my point....

 Kim