Re: [gopher] Gopher+ support in the community

Hi,

> On 23. apr. 2015, at 00.18, Kevin Veroneau <kevin@veroneau.net> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm curious to know how many widely used Gopher clients properly support Gopher+ and what's the communities general view about supporting it.
I like Gopher+ :) I also implemented it in my client ...

> I personally haven't used any Gopher+ features, and my current GopherSpace doesn't use it either. How many of your gopherspaces have Gopher+ support?
My server (when it is online supports Gopher+. It supports multiple views (generated automatically) and ASK forms with scripting.

> I'm also a tad curious on working with "gophers://", Gopher over TLS. it'd be easy to enable on a gopher server, but no clients currently support it.
I don’t use it, so I won’t comment.

> On that note about Gopher clients, I did mention awhile back that I was planning on developing a more modern stand alone gopher client for PCs. So if I made a new client, I'd add Gopher over TLS support for kicks, and depending on overall support, maybe Gopher+ support. OverbiteFF doesn't do Gopher+ it seems(from reading it's source) and neither does the android client…
I know there are some old clients for Windows that support Gopher+. On *NIX I think there is only UMN Gopher. Interestingly old versions of MS Internet Explorer supported some features of Gopher+ (file size info).

> One last question... what is your Gopher client of choice, and why?
Currently I use UMN Gopher because it works everywhere - even on tablet (via ssh).

Cheers, Matjaz