Re: [gopher] Gopher+ support in the community

Of course TLS would be optional. It would just add some privacy and better protect password protected sections on a gopher hole to work more securely.

Passwords can be entered via "query requests", but I'm sure everyone knew that.

For a gopher client, I was going to make a console-based one, along with a Qt4 WebKit-based one. Qt4 is nicely cross platform, so nobody will be left out.

I do like the UMN client, but I find it rather limited, and lynx works really well, but it's scrolling system is horrible on gopher menus and text... My console client will address both the limitations and provide a more user friendlier experience overall. Perhaps I'll work on my initial release this evening.