Re: [gopher] Hello, world!

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Nick Matavka <n.theodore.matavka.files@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, world!

Hello Nick!

Many years ago, I collaborated with several people (I have forgotten all their names, but one of the contributors writes under the name Barana) on this mailing list about the future of Gopher.  I eventually took the initiative in creating a rough draft for a new Gopher RFC, and invited comment, but no consensus was reached.  I believe that all the new features Gopher has *mandate* an RFC; Gopher+, caps files, etc etc etc.

I now believe that consensus *can* be established and therefore I re-submit the same link.  Please edit it and comment to the best of your ability.  I hope to actually submit this in the near future.

http://piratepad.net/gopher

I haven't quite read through this thoroughly yet. (Also I'm brand spanking new go Gopher!)

Couple of questions:

Is this a combination of the old Gopher protocol with
inclusion of some of the GOpher+ ideas?

cheers
James