Re: [gopher] Spidering the gopherspace

Mateusz,

> I am spidering the gopherspace since a few days, collecting things for a
> new project I will publish soon.
>
> If you see 178.170.108.36 hammering your gopher server, that would be me.
>
> Do not hesitate complaining if you notice I'm too hard on you, I will
> try to spare your server then (I already see that sdf.org have
> blacklisted me).

FWIW, I throttled several minutes between requests to the same IP (or would
find another to visit in the meantime) and I always honour robots.txt if it
can be fetched (and cache it).

However, since V-2 only fetches menus and has a well-known reverse DNS, I
imagine sites are a little friendlier to me.

-- All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door. -----------