Re: [gopher] cgod - a new prototype gopher daemon

Am Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:03:40 -0700
schrieb Kevin Veroneau <kevin@veroneau.net>:

> On the note about technology from 20 years ago...  Who'd be up for
> running an old fashioned MUD with me?  I'd love to recreate the
> original MUD experience, but I never had the chance to play those
> original MUDs, I was only 10 and Internet/BBS connections were only
> for the rich kids.  The MU*'s I'm seeing/playing nowadays are mostly
> just people using them like an IRC chat, socializing rather than
> actually playing a text-based online game.  Any thoughts opinions on
> this one?  We could call it, wait for it.... GopherMUD!  It doesn't
> HAVE to be gopher related/themed, or even be named that.  I'm totally
> up for theme and name discussions.  Although it should be in the
> fantasy genre, as the original MUDs were.

When it comes to running such old-fashioned games, count me in.

I actually still do play some MUDs when I find the time.
I essentially grew up with MUDs, and have been playing since I was old
enough to use a keyboard...

And cross-linking some of the stuff to Gopher should be somehow
possible. After all, everything a MUD needs from user side is a telnet
connection, and if  I'm not entirely mistaken, Gopher has support for
some telnet itemtype...

Best regards,
Florian