Re: [gopher] Hello Gopher Project

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Kevin Veroneau <kevin@veroneau.net> wrote:
It's actually amazing how much of WWW uses characters >128, and even
for some basic characters which are actually in the <128.  I notice
many blog posts using a different version of "`" and "'" characters for
some weird reason.  This is more noticeable when using Python to scrap
RSS feeds and needing to re-encode them.  If you look at some of the
titles and content of the RSS feeds, you'll notice lots of "dont"
rather than "don't" as these blogs are encoding that character using a
non-ACSII byte for whatever reason.  My blog, Python Diary in Planet
Python is one of the blogs that only uses only ASCII characters.

Yeah in my attempt to provide a Gopher version of the PyPi Feed(s)
I encountered a Unicode issue last night. So I had to disable it fo rnow.

I'm using gopherfeed (a library I found on Bitbucket)
but I may have to fork it and improve it's Unicode support
(or lack thereof) and improve it's ability to deal with broken
encodings :)

cheers
James