[gopher] Announcing gopherpedia.com

Hello All, I thought some of you would be interested in a project I
launched a few months ago - gopherpedia, a mirror of wikipedia in
gopherspace. It's accessible on port 70 at gopherpedia.com, or via
proxy server at http://gopherpedia.com/

The data is searchable, and there's a list of recent searches on the
front page, along with a mirror of Wikipedia's featured daily content.

This is definitely a work in progress with some kinks and rough edges.
To implement the site, I wrote a custom gopher server in ruby as well
as a PHP proxy server, both of which are available on github:

https://github.com/muffinista/gopher2000
https://github.com/muffinista/gophper-proxy

The data is a little stale because dealing with wikipedia dumps is a
challenging and time-consuming process, but I will probably try and
keep it reasonably up to date. There's also the occasional place where
my parsing of wikitext isn't quite working.

I have fond memories of using gopher in the early days of my life on
the internet, so this was both a fun learning exercise, and a chance
to revisit those early adventures.

Thanks!

--
Colin Mitchell