Re: [gopher] Line terminators in Gopher transactions

On 22/05/2012 01:49, Nick Matavka wrote:
I understand that obsolete Mac OS sends CR as an EOL indicator, UNIX
sends LF, and Micro$haft Winblow$ sends CRLF.  How does all this get
fixed in Gopher?  What I mean is, how come a Windoze client, expecting
CRLF, is unburdened by a UNIX server sending it LF's only? Has Gopher
standardized on CR/LF/CRLF?  Is it the client's responsibility?  Is it
the server's responsibility?

Do you mean when downloading a text file? I'd say it's the client's responsibility to interpret the line endings.