Re: [gopher] Opera browser; gopher proxy

There an error in your proxy.

The RFC say that selector with Index item must be translate in this way :

=> request on item type '7'  with selector 'foo' and param 'bar =>    gopher://example.com/7/foo%09bar

Because %09 => TAB

See THIS .

Regards,

2012/5/9 chr <chr+gopher@tx0.org>
Driedfruit (Wednesday 09 May 2012, 18:02):

> You can test it with a compatible browser (I think Opera is the last
> one to support gopher proxies) by using mindloop.net , port 80 . It
> looks like newer versions of Opera removed the config dialog,
> but the options are still accessible throu an ini-file:
>
> [Proxy]
> Use GOPHER=1
> Gopher server=mindloop.net:80

Great! Thanks.

> Here's my horrible, non-RFC complaint (URL mapping is wrong) code for
> reference.
> gopher://mindloop.net/0/~sobak/proxy/gopher.php

It says "Error: File or directory not found!"

Damien CAROL
gopher://dams.zapto.org/1/