Re: [gopher] Major update to Web2Gopher

> I'd kind of left Web2Gopher (http://wt.gopherite.org/) unmaintained for a
> while, and so went back through over the last week and made a major update.

Nice work!

> There are some kinks I'm still working out:
> *Mozilla derivatives like IceApe, IceWeasel, IceCat, Gnuzilla, etc. will be
> shunted through a proxy unless they include the appropriate Firefox version
> in their user agent string.
[...]
> *Also bad browsers that have add-ons that allow them to handle gopher (such
> as Firefox 5 or Google Chrome with Overbite, or Konqueror with kio_gopher)
> will get shunted through the proxy rather than letting the add-ons handle
> gopher.

For Chrome this isn't a bad thing since they would just get bounced to a
proxy anyway with Overbite Chrome, but that's kind of a bummer for Firefox.
How about a "force links to gopher://"; page where the links are always
gopher://, regardless of the browser sniff, as an option?

> *Support for Vonkeror and HyperLink have not been tested. Vonkeror should
> work, all the same. I was not able to find any info on HyperLink's user
> agent string and had to guess as to what it might contain, so if anyone has
> that, I can make sure whether my guess was correct or not.

Vonkeror is slick. Who wrote that?

The user agent for HyperLink is

	Lynx (compatible; HyperLink-Parsing-Proxy C64/128)

-- Two rules for ultimate life satisfaction: 1) Don't tell people everything. -