Re: [gopher] changes to support for OverbiteFF 2.x and 3.0

Sorry about going WAY offtocpic...

On 2010-10-28 14:46, Martin Ebnoether wrote:

As a phone, this sucks. Probably the worst phone I've had in the
last 10 years. Not that the iPhone is any better...

In terms of handling/using the "phone app" or in terms of speech
quality?

Speech quality is extremely good, both phone-in-teh-ear and the speakerphone version. Mic is good too, guaranteed Nokia quality.

But I get dropped calls, couple of times per week the phone just drops off the networks and won't notify me (all incoming calls go nowhere), calling someone without a physical numerical keyboard sucks, answering sucks since it's missing hardware "green button" etc.

And my all-time favorite bug (before the PR1.3 update two days ago fixed it) was the "dancing buttons" syndrome where you tried to hit "Answer" and the button would dance around the screen and you'd hit something else instead. Usually The Red one. Fun.

I especially like the integration of
Skype, Jabber and SIP. Phone rings and you pick up the call.

I've never used VOIP nor do I see the need to show my ugly bald head to anybody. Funny though, my wife's totally computer-illeterate mom uses Skype (with video!) all the time.

- Kim