[gopher] Homes for the Gopher archive

Hi folks,

After the Gopher archive torrent was posted (incidentally, there are still seeds and peers for it even now), I got emails from maybe a dozen people offering to host it. Most were just individuals with bandwidth to spare. Many were asking for help setting up something to serve it up with, which unfortunately I don't have the time to provide. Is there anyone here that would be interested in following up on all the hosting offers? I could pass them on to you if so. I know that there's already an effort to get it online, but I'd like to see it online in more than one place/person's server.

Unfortunately, my efforts to find an institutional home for the archive have so far struck out. No reply from archive.org and ibiblio.

-- John