Re: [gopher] Web2Gopher, new web portal to gopherspace

I tested it on several browsers in Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it rendered fine to well-enough on most of them, except Omniweb with its default font, which made a mess of it.  There were minor differences in the rendering of the other browsers.  I have not tried it on any other platform.  Also, it's over 80 columns wide, so it looks like a total mess in terminal-based browsers that can't handle something that wide.  Anyway, I'm thinking of scrapping it, especially if it's causing folks problems.  I'll probably redo the header, likely not using text-based art.

That's another advantage gopher has over the web: ASCII text is actually ASCII text, so it renders the same everywhere.

-Wesley

http://wt.gopherite.org/
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/wt/
http://infomantic.net