[gopher] Re: UI design of the next new gopher client?

The cheapest way to do it would be with a modal dialog, like web
browsers do. A more seamless way might be to add a dialog column to
the column display asking you for a query, then replacing it with the
results when you give it input.

Or maybe you're wondering how to give the column a different query
once it's in your history? I think showing your query in a bar at the
top of the column, with an "edit" button next to it, would be the most
intuitive way to pull that off. Not to say that I'm a professional GUI
designer (it's just something I enjoy thinking about) but it would be
a fun way to browse Gopher.

Avery